2019!

Hey all!

So I realized last Friday after I left school that I had not posted on the blog for the week. My apologies!!! At the end of the day on Friday, my computer's hard drive died. I had most of the blog typed and saved but it died before I published it. A friend was able to fix it and I was able to use a backup to restore most of my data so praise the Lord!

Anyways, here's the rundown for this upcoming week. 

Science 9/10:
HOMEWORK: Read pages. 168-171 starting at Voltaic Cells on pg. 168. 

Also define the following terms:
Voltaic Cells
Dry Cells

Storage Cells
Fuel Cell
We will work through chapter 8 as much as we can this next week. Prepare to work diligently! We'll have about 3 quizzes and hopefully wrap up chapter 8.


Pre-Algebra: 
No homework.
We'll continue learning how to turn word problems into algebraic equations to solve them.


WV History:
We're on chapter 10 and we'll keep going through it. Also, we should have our login info this next week so we can access the practice tests for the Golden Horseshoe test.
If you want to take initiative to study the quick quizzes on your own, you can access them on www.wvculture.org. Go to the Archives and History tab and then scroll down until you see the blue hyper link for the Quick Quizzes. There are 212 of them + the county seat quiz. The quizzes are only about 10 questions and don't take very long to get through. I have been told that knowing those questions and answers will increase your chances of doing well on the Golden Horseshoe by a lot!


Algebra 1:
Hey guys! Great work on review this week! We'll take Test 3 on Monday. It'll be open book so don't freak out too much but if there's something that you've really been struggling to grasp, you may want to do some personal review. Even with open book, I know it can be a bit tricky.


Science 7/8:
Monday we will finish off section 5.2 and review for Quiz 14, which we will take on Tuesday. No homework has officially been assigned for the weekend, however, I do suggest that you at least review the terms for Quiz 14 on Quizlet so you don't feel crammed on Monday. If you review them each day, you'll be better prepared for the quiz because you'll be more familiar with the terms.
Quizlet: Look up my username s_thies, go to the class folder for Science 7/8 and then choose Quiz 14.


Health 11/12
Well done everyone! We finished our first pace! Only 5 more to go! 😁

Have a super great weekend! 

Much love, 
Miss Thies
Miss T
"Mommy Thighs"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25% Of The Way There

2-22!

Midweek News